Matt is a 7th generation resident of West Virginia that currently resides near Rainelle, Greenbrier County, WV with his wife, Jamie, and two sons. He is an experienced and trusted environmental consultant and active leader in various organizations in West Virginia.
His primary role is as a Senior Consultant for CORE Environmental Services, Inc, where he leads several professionals in CORE’s Lewisburg, WV office. He is a Licensed Remediation Specialist (LRS), Class B UST Worker, STI SP001 AST Inspector, WVDEP-certified monitoring well driller and is known for his commitment to every project and client. He has successfully completed hundreds of projects throughout the eastern United States including remediation of the Freedom Industries site in Charleston, WV.
He also lends his professional and leadership skills to help develop others and local communities:
- – Board Member – WV Oil Marketers and Grocers Association (OMEGA) where he serves as the environmental consulting representative and Chairman of their Environmental Committee. His primary goal has been to assist members to remain compliant through education and consulting. He also is a liaison between OMEGA members and the WVDEP.
- Co-Vice Chair – Greater Greenbrier Long-Term Recovery Committee, Inc. where he lends his project management expertise to natural disaster recovery in Greenbrier, Monroe, and Pocahontas Counties in WV. He also serves as Chair of GGLTRC’s Economic Development Subcommittee and provided guidance with development of other long-term recovery committees throughout WV.
- Co-Chairman – Local Emergency Planning Committee, Greenbrier County where he provides emergency response and planning expertise. He was recommended for this position by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA).
- Board Member – Air and Waste Management Association, WV Chapter, Inc. where his primary role is to lead development of the annual LRS training at the WV Brownfields Conference.
- President – Meadow River Valley Rotary Club where he is working with other Rotarians to transition to club into the local organization for business marketing and development.
- President – Meadow River Valley Association, Inc. where he leads the organization in community and economic development planning and projects.
- Board Member – MRV Early Childhood Learning Center where he is lending his project management and administrative expertise to assist with the development of the MARVEL Center.
- Member – MRV Ministerial Association where he is working with other members to organize collaboration between faith-based organizations and churches.