Job Title: Environmental Staff Scientist
Location: Allison Park, PA
Employment Type: Full time
Reports to: Operations Manager
- Provide support to Project Managers by performing routine aspects of environmental assignments.
- Prepare work plans for site characterization, environmental site assessment (ESA), and remediation activities
- Assist with the execution of all phases of site characterization and remedial activities
- Prepare Site Characterization Reports, Remedial Action Progress Reports, Remedial Action Plans, Remedial
- Investigation Reports, and Final Reports for Pennsylvania Act 2 projects.
- Conduct human health risk assessments
- Conduct fate and transport assessments
- Perform Phase I and II ESAs and subsequent reporting
- Prepare Environmental Compliance Reports and Permits (SARA, Air, Waste, Water)
- Prepare Environmental Plans (EERP, SPCC, PPC, ICP, Etc.)
- Support with environmental compliance inspections and environmental audits for manufacturing and industrial clientele
- Perform quality control review of company deliverables
- Assist in the preparation of environmental proposals for environmental services
- Request quotes from subcontractors and evaluate subcontractor proposals
- Assist in preparing project budgets and assist senior staff in tracking budgets
- Complete a variety of field tasks as needed such as UST closure oversight, Industrial process water and stormwater sampling, monitoring well installation, monitoring well abandonment, Soil and groundwater sampling
- Data entry using GIS, and preparation of figures and tables using ACAD and Excel
Education/ Certification Requirements:
- 40 hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training is required. Training will be provided, if necessary
- Desired Education: 4-year degree in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Science or similar field of study preferred
- A minimum of two years of experience in an environmental technician or similar role performing soil, soil vapor and groundwater sampling, and monitoring well installation activities
- A minimum of two years of experience preparing environmental plans and reports, including Remedial Action Progress Reports, Site Characterization Reports, and Remedial Action Plans for Pennsylvania Chapter 245 sites
- Experience in Environmental compliance permitting, reporting, and compliance assessments a plus.
- Working knowledge of Pennsylvania Act 2 Land Recycling Program
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of computers and database software
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent writing skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Ability to interact with clients, regulatory agencies, and subcontractors in a professional manner
- Ability to coordinate work on multiple projects and meet project schedules and deliverables
This job operates in a professional office environment using standard office equipment as well as in the field at a variety of sites and facilities.
- Must be able to work outdoors year-round in varying weather conditions, as needed.
- Some travel and overnight stays may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical labor, including ability to lift, load and manipulate a variety of equipment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Must pass drug test, background check, physical exam, and be cleared to wear a respirator.
Must have valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.