Job Title: Civil Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Employment Type: Full time
CORE is a professional environmental consulting firm specializing in:
- Site Characterization and Site Remediation
- Environmental Due Diligence (Phase I & Phase II Environmental Site Assessments)
- Environmental Permitting and Compliance Audits
- Soil and Groundwater Remediation
- Remediation System Design and Installation and Operation & Maintenance
- In-plant Compliance Audit Services
- Expand/ diversify company Design/ Engineering services for the company
- Increase client portfolio
- Grow and expand service delivery through sales, marketing and networking
- Project Management of select service areas and clientele
- Develop and grow environmental/ civil engineering/ design practice
- Create land development plans for our commercial and industrial clients
- Project management and technical oversight
- Develop design aspects which will include site layouts, grading plans, storm water management and utilities
- Networking/ client development
- Prepare engineering reports, feasibility studies, construction specifications, engineering cost estimates, and direct the preparation of
- construction drawings for various types of projects.
- Prepare and implement Erosion and Sediment control plans and perform inspections.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to CADD and GIS operators, designers, and field personnel.
- Participate in meetings with client representatives and various regulatory agencies.
- Work/ coordinate tasks with project team personnel.
Education/ Certification Requirements:
- B.S. in Environmental or Civil Engineering
- EIT or PE
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience
- Detailed understanding of civil engineering workflow processes, construction drawings, permitting, storm water standards and design, erosion and sediment control and approval processes.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D or AutoCAD
- Ability to prioritize and meet project deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management
- Client retention/growth
Working conditions under which job is performed:
- Office: 60 – 70%, Field: 10 – 20%, Networking: 10%
Salary – commensurate with experience